Fall 2021 Update
As we prepare for our return to in person instruction for the Fall 2021 semester, the Technology Resources Program will be pivoting to serve undergraduate students in need of a short term/emergency laptop loan.Laptop loans will be limited to one month. The program will no longer provide internet access, cameras or headsets, iPads or tripods. Also, we will no longer serve staff, faculty or graduate students.
UC Merced students are strongly encouraged to have a laptop computer. Recommended minimum laptop specifications can be found at:https://it.ucmerced.edu/student-laptop-recommendation. (Note: Chromebooks are not recommended.)
Additional financial aid funds may be available to assist students with the cost of purchasing a laptop. Students may request a Cost of Attendance Adjustment for a one-time $1,200 computer purchase. More information about Cost of Attendance Adjustment can be found at:https://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/coa-adjustment.
Students seeking support for technology should be referred to additional campus resources, including:
- Financial Wellness (https://basicneeds.ucmerced.edu/financial-wellness) to discuss budgeting for a laptop
- Financial Aid to discuss budgeting or a potential cost of attendance adjustment:https://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/coa-adjustment
- Open Access computer labs: https://it.ucmerced.edu/computer_labs
- University Store: https://www.bkstr.com/ucmercedstore/shop/electronics/computers-tablets/desktops-laptops
Our Fall 2021 application will open on Monday, August 16. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Spring/Summer 2021 : Returns
The deadline to return all Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 equipment is Friday, August 13.
During this time we are giving everyone with returns two options. Device/s can be returned in person or via mail.
- In-Person Returns: Given the current situation, we have limited slots for the return of the devices. These hours are to be used by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please use the following link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/TRP@merced.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/s/sGC51G3NO0SRed_5ipSSVA2
Returns via mail: Please ship the device/s to the following mailing address:
Division of Undergraduate Education (SSB 310)
5200 Lake Road Merced, California 95343
You can mail the device/s through UPS, USPS, or FedEx.
Need to borrow a University-Owned Device?
Technology for Undergraduate Students: We recommend that students have access to a computer or laptop. If you do not have access, you can submit a request via ServiceNow. Please note that laptops will be limited to one month.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The information on this page was last updated: August 16, 2021