Need to borrow a University-Owned Device?
Technology for Undergraduate Students: We recommend that students have access to a computer or laptop. If you do not have access, you can submit a request via ServiceNow. Loans are limited to one month.
Spring 2022 Update
The Technology Resources Program will provide technology to support remote instruction for the start of the spring 2022 semester, including laptops, webcams and headsets. MiFi support is not available. The program has been temporarily extended to support graduate students.
- Undergraduate Students: Laptop and webcam. Note: Students in the School of Engineering who are subject to the SOE Laptop policy are eligible for headsets only.
- Graduate Students: laptop and webcam
- Graduate TAs: Laptop, webcam, headset, tripod
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.
Additional Options for Technology Support
UC Merced students are strongly encouraged to have a laptop computer. Recommended minimum laptop specifications can be found at:https://it.ucmerced.edu/student-laptop-recommendation. (Note: Chromebooks are not recommended.)
Additional financial aid funds may be available to assist students with the cost of purchasing a laptop. Students may request a Cost of Attendance Adjustment for a one-time $1,200 computer purchase. More information about Cost of Attendance Adjustment can be found at:https://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/coa-adjustment.
Students seeking support for technology should review these additional campus resources:
- Financial Wellness (https://basicneeds.ucmerced.edu/financial-wellness) to discuss budgeting for a laptop
- Financial Aid to discuss budgeting or a potential cost of attendance adjustment:https://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/coa-adjustment
- Open Access computer labs: https://it.ucmerced.edu/computer_labs
- University Store: https://www.bkstr.com/ucmercedstore/shop/electronics/computers-tablets/desktops-laptops
Fall 2021 Returns
During this time we are giving everyone with returns two options. Device/s can be returned in person or via mail.
- In-Person Returns: Given the current situation, we have limited slots for the return of the devices. These hours are to be used by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please use the following link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/TRP@merced.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/s/sGC51G3NO0SRed_5ipSSVA2
Returns via mail: Please ship the device/s to the following mailing address:
Division of Undergraduate Education (SSB 310)
5200 Lake Road Merced, California 95343
You can mail the device/s through UPS, USPS, or FedEx.
The information on this page was last updated: January 7, 2022