Need to borrow a University-Owned Device?
Technology for Undergraduate Students: We recommend that students have access to a computer or laptop. If you do not have access, you can submit a request via ServiceNow. Loans are limited to one month. Application for Fall 2022 will go live on Monday, August 15. Please note that we will no longer provide technology for graduate students and instructors.
- Note: Students in the School of Engineering who are subject to the SOE Laptop policy are not eligible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com.
Additional Options for Technology Support
UC Merced students are strongly encouraged to have a laptop computer. Recommended minimum laptop specifications can be found at:https://it.ucmerced.edu/student-laptop-recommendation. (Note: Chromebooks are not recommended.)
Additional financial aid funds may be available to assist students with the cost of purchasing a laptop. Students may request a Cost of Attendance Adjustment for a one-time $1,200 computer purchase. More information about Cost of Attendance Adjustment can be found at:https://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/coa-adjustment.
Students seeking support for technology should review these additional campus resources:
- Financial Wellness (https://basicneeds.ucmerced.edu/financial-wellness) to discuss budgeting for a laptop
- Financial Aid to discuss budgeting or a potential cost of attendance adjustment:https://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/coa-adjustment
- Open Access computer labs: https://it.ucmerced.edu/computer_labs
- University Store: https://www.bkstr.com/ucmercedstore/shop/electronics/computers-tablets/desktops-laptops
- Please schedule an appointment to return your device(s) to our office using the following link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/TRP@merced.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
- Office Location: Student Services Building (SSB) 310
The information on this page was last updated: September 29, 2022